Note: Electric Coin Co. is the current owner of this site, however, a proposal to decentralize ownership across multiple teams is in process as of June 2023.
This policy describes how personal information is collected from this site, used, and shared. You can jump to particular topics by going to the headings below:
- Types Of Information Collected
- Use And Processing Of Information
- Sharing Of Information
- Your Choices
- How Your Personal Information is Protected Personal Information
- Contact Information
Types Of Information Collected
The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect from you and how we use that information.
|Context||Types of Data||Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data|
|Cookies and first party tracking||“Cookies” are small pieces of information that a website sends to a computer’s hard drive while a website is viewed.||The contributors to this site have a legitimate interest in making the website operate efficiently.|
|Email interconnectivity||If you receive email from Electric Coin Co., Zcash Foundation, the Zcash Grants Committee, or another contributor to z.cash, some data may be captured related to when you open the message or click on any links or banners.||The contributors to this site have a legitimate interest in understanding how you interact with communications.|
|Employment||If you apply for a job posting, or become employed at Electric Coin Co., Zcash Foundation, the Zcash Grants Committee, or another contributor to z.cash, information necessary to process your application or to retain you as an employee may be collected. This may include, among other things, your Social Security Number. Providing this information is required for employment.||Information about current employees is used to perform contracts of employment, or the anticipation of a contract of employment. In some contexts, the law also requires employers to collect information about employees. Employers also have a legitimate interest in using your information to have efficient staffing and workforce operations.|
|Feedback / support||If you provide feedback or request support through this site, your name and email address, as well as any other content you submit, will be collected.||The maintainers of this site have a legitimate interest in receiving, and acting upon, your feedback or issues.||Website interactions||This site employs technology to monitor how you interact with this website. Information gathered may include which links you click on, or information that you type into online forms.||It’s important to understand how users interact with this website to better improve it, and to understand user preferences and interests, in order to select offerings that you might find most useful.|
|Web logs||This site collects information, including visitor browser types, operating systems, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, domain names, click activity, referring websites, and/or date/time stamps.||The maintainers of this site have a legitimate interest in monitoring networks and visitors to this website.|
In addition to the information that is collected directly on this site, your information may be collected from other sources, including third parties, business partners, affiliates, or publicly available sources. For example, if you submit a job application, or become an employee, a background check may be conducted.
Use And Processing Of Information
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, your information may be used in the following ways:
- To improve services and user experience.
- To conduct analytics.
- To respond to inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
- To send promotional materials, including information relating to z.cash.
- For administrative purposes.
Although the sections above describe primary purposes in collecting your information, in many situations there may be more than one purpose. The collection and processing of your information is based in different contexts upon your consent, the need to perform a contract, obligations under law, and/or legitimate business interests.
Sharing Of Information
In addition to the specific situations discussed elsewhere in this policy, the maintainers of this site may disclose information in the following situations:
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. The information collected on this site may be shared with corporate affiliates (e.g., parent companies, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). In the case of an acquisition, your information may be shared with the acquiring company.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. The maintainers of this site may ask if you would allow your information to be shared with unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. Your information may be disclosed in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. Your information may also be shared to establish or exercise legal rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of site policies, or to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Service Providers. Your information may be shared with service providers. Among other things service providers may help to administer this website or provide technical support.
You can make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide your email address for the purpose of allowing the receipt of newsletters and other promotional materials. You can stop receiving emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in e-mails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, you may still receive service-related communications.
- Access To Your Personal Information. If required by law, upon request, the maintainers of this site will grant you reasonable access to the personal information that has been collected. You may request access to your personal information by contacting Electric Coin Co. at the address described below.
- Changes To Your Personal Information. The maintainers of this site rely on you to update and correct your personal information. To update your information contact Electric Coin Co. at the address below.
- Deletion Of Your Personal Information. Typically, your personal information is retained for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this policy, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law. Depending on your location, you may, however, request information about how long a specific type of information is kept, or request that your personal information be deleted by contacting us at the address described below. In addition, your personal information may be kept as needed to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and/or enforce any agreements.
- Revocation Of Consent. Some jurisdictions allow you to revoke consent for processing your personal information. If you revoke your consent for the processing of personal information then the maintainers of this site may no longer be able to provide you services. In some cases, your request to revoke consent may be limited or denied if the law permits or requires, or if your identity can’t be verified. You may revoke consent to processing (where such processing is based upon consent) by contacting Electric Coin Co. at the address below.
- Online Tracking. This site does not currently recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “Do Not Track” instructions.
- California Residents. California residents may be entitled to ask for a notice describing what categories of personal information (if any) are shared with third parties or affiliates for direct marketing. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of such notice, please submit a written request using the information in the “Contact Information” section below.
How Your Personal Information is Protected
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While the maintainers of this site use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, the security of your personal information cannot be guaranteed.
The following additional information relates to our privacy practices:
- Transmission Of Information To Other Countries. Your information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. Nonetheless, where practicable the maintainers of this site take steps to treat personal information using the same privacy principles that apply pursuant to the law of the country in which your information was first received. By submitting your personal information, you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States. If you would like more information concerning attempts to apply the privacy principles applicable in one jurisdiction to data when it goes to another jurisdiction you can contact Electric Coin Co. using the contact information below.
- Third Party Applications/Websites. The maintainers of this site have no control over the privacy practices of websites or applications that we do not maintain.
If you have any questions, comments, or complaints concerning our privacy practices please contact us at the appropriate address below. We will attempt to respond to your requests and to provide you with additional privacy-related information.
Electric Coin Co.
3001 Brighton Blvd.
Denver, CO 80216
If you are not satisfied with our response, and are in the European Union, you may have a right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority.
Last Revised: 09/2018