About the Zcash Company
We're on a mission to give everyone on Earth an open, inclusive financial system, and we need your help.
The Zcash Company is at the forefront of the Internet Money revolution. Fueled by scientific discovery and guided by love for humanity, we are aiming to create a global, open economic fabric which will provide financial inclusion to potentially two billion unbanked people. We feel that we are part of something that is much bigger than ourselves.
Our flagship network, Zcash, launched in the fall of 2016 has quickly grown to be one of the most valued and admired cryptocurrencies/blockchains in the world.
We believe in integrity, inclusivity, and openness. Our work springs out of passion, but we temper our enthusiasm with respect for our co-workers and families. We strive to create an environment for psychological safety, empowerment, sense of purpose, and challenging work for our multifarious team. We have a highly collaborative, ego-less, open, highly diverse, friendly work environment. Decentralization is one of our core values. We want to help bring about the next great paradigm shift characterized by decentralization at a massive scale.
Today the company is distributed and everyone works remotely but since we are growing quite rapidly, we have decided to locate our first physical office in Denver-Boulder area.
Currently the company is mostly comprised of scientists, researchers and software developers who all specialize in software security, privacy and cryptography. We are now expanding our knowledge in other pertinent areas by adding new team members with more diverse experience.
Who We Are Looking For
Our team is the cornerstone of our company's strategy to build a permissionless inclusive global financial platform. Our flagship product, the Zcash reference client, underpins a global permissionless fungible financial platform. The right applicant will cultivate our team and continue our tradition of releasing secure cutting edge cryptographic software.
We believe in emergent team intelligence. We think that a high functioning team is greater than the sum of its parts. We seek people who are “multipliers.” People who create a positive and supportive environment for the people around them. People who demonstrate a high degree of conscientiousness with their team members and in their work. We highly value good sense of humor, humility, selflessness, flexibility, good judgment, calmness, reliability, curiosity, strong desire for mastery, and independent thinking.
We love humble geniuses.
We care a lot about behavioral traits, talent, internal drive and experience, but only if our values and general philosophy match can we create real magic! We are looking for people who are driven by purpose. We believe that great employees are motivated by the mission, the team and challenging problems.
The Zcash Company is looking for a gifted communicator and coordinator to help us tell our story across a myriad of mediums and around the world. The Zcash Company Communications Manager will apply their communications, social media and PR experience in highly creative and effective ways within a new and exceedingly dynamic industry.
Our Communications Manager will help grow Zcash — a privacy-protecting, digital currency built on strong science — and support our mission of empowering everyone with economic freedom and opportunity.
As Communications Manager at the Zcash Company, you will report directly to the Marketing Director and must be able to juggle a variety of tasks, including social media management, global PR, content development, internal and external communications, and messaging. You will be a reader, thinker, researcher, writer, editor, storyteller, producer and sometimes provocateur. You’ll live and breathe our mission throughout our communications and inspire others to join us. You’ll be just as comfortable speaking to regulators as you are to irreverent developers. In fact, your audience will also include merchants, exchanges, cryptocurrency miners, scientists, speculators, NGOs and people that want to use digital currencies in their daily lives. And you’ll know where to find them, all around the world.
The ideal candidate will be organized, highly self-motivated and thrive in a dynamic startup-type environment. Candidates should see challenges as an opportunity for growth and exhibit intellectual curiosity while maintaining a professional demeanor.
In this rapidly growing organization, you should expect your role to evolve during your time at the Zcash Company. We strive to support our team in their professional development, and as such, you will have the opportunity to grow your position, skills and knowledge while being a part of a close-knit, dynamic group of individuals that strive for excellence.
As Communications Manager at The Zcash Company, you will:
- Help manage, update, and supervise all Zcash Company social media channels
- Create or coordinate fresh and engaging content for various platforms, including blogs and newsletters
- Assist in messaging, copywriting and brand activity
- Monitor news and developments relevant to Zcash
- Develop relationships with thought leaders and media professionals
- Coordinate messages and engagement with PR firms and press across the planet
- Identify and coordinate responses to impersonators and scammers in social media channels
- Create and manage reports of communications and engagement
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Three years or more experience as a communications manager (or similar)
- Experience helping companies grow their online presence
- Experience working with and directing the activity of PR firms
- Fluency in social media platforms
- Proof of previous content creation (will be asked for samples)
- Experience proofreading and copy editing
- A passion for cryptocurrencies and personal privacy
- Comfort with high levels of organizational transparency
- Exceptional communications and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact autonomously with internal and external partners
- Experience working within and across a diverse set of languages and cultures
- Sensitivity and understanding of confidential matters
- An ability to multitask and prioritize in a dynamic environment
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- The ability to travel, as needed
- US residency, or otherwise live and work in the US
- Experience in a startup environment
- You live and work in the Denver area
- Working knowledge of cryptocurrencies
- Prior Fintech experience
How to Apply:
Please send a resume in text or PDF format with the subject line "Communications Manager" to [email protected]