New Alpha Release: Terminology and Security
Sean Bowe | Jul 22, 2016
- The terminology of the RPC and internal code has been modified to reflect our protocol specification. (#1090)
- We have forked libsnark and made a number of changes to improve security and performance. The public parameters have shrunk by about 35% and memory usage during JoinSplit creation has improved by several hundred megabytes. (#1104)
- We have published guidelines about side-channel attacks and other security warnings.
- The alert key has been changed. (#1105)
- A bug in the difficulty adjustment algorithm has been fixed. (#1124)
We have changed protocol version numbers, which requires all old nodes to upgrade to continue to use the testnet network. However, we are not resetting the testnet blockchain for this release.
|||For more specific detail, view our z7 release github milestone.|