Announcing the Winners of the Open Source Miner Challenge!
Liz Steininger | Dec 03, 2016
A few months ago, we launched the Zcash Open Source Miner Challenge and today we are announcing the winners:
- CPU Winner, $10,000 prize: xenoncat with https://github.com/xenoncat/equihash-xenon
- GPU Winner, $10,000 prize: mbevand with https://github.com/mbevand/silentarmy
- Runner Up, $5,000 prize: tromp with https://github.com/tromp/equihash
- Runner Up, $3,000 prize: morpav with https://github.com/morpav/zceq_solver
- Runner Up, $2,000 prize: davidjaenson with https://github.com/davidjaenson/equihash
The judges: Jack Grigg, Solar Designer, and Dmitry Khovratovich, selected these submissions as the Winners and Runners Up based on the criteria, which included many factors of quality, community contributions, and performance.
The Zcash Company sponsored this challenge to help strengthen and decentralize the Zcash community, as well as contribute to the advancement of computer science. Least Authority, as a supporter of the Zcash Company, operated this challenge.
The Zcash Open Source Miner Challenge has made mining for ZEC accessible to more people and facilitated collaboration within the Zcash community. While the code available is off to a good start, we encourage everyone to continue improving and building upon each other's work. The challenge website will transition to repository of these open source miners… And we may even do another challenge in the future!