New Release: 1.0.9
Nathan Wilcox | May 24, 2017
Today we're announcing the release of Zcash 1.0.9. This is our first release using our new release cycle and focused exclusively on improvements to testing, security, benchmarking, automation, and portability.
- Implemented automatic deprecation shutdown. #2297
- Added opt-in AMQP support. #2189, #2362, #2280
- Performance benchmarking and testing improvements: fix hang in benchmarking CI automation, add connectblockslow benchmark, re-enabled miner tests, improved error reporting in rpc-tests framework, changed default regtest port. #2397, #2372, #2389, #2376, #2265, #2270
- Automated the release process, added build diagnostics for better user support, and fixed versioning problems in debian packaging and manpages. #2393, #2369, #2281
- Added test for pairing bug when G1 is infinity. #2399
- Documentation: Clarify release policy, added wallet backup instructions, and fixed some incorrect references to "bitcoin". #2401, #2340, #2364, #2338
- Added alert sources for 2017-04-13 security incident. #2293
In addition to improvements to the Zcash codebase itself, we made substantial improvements to our continuous integration (CI) system: we upgraded the Buildbot framework, modularized the CI code for easier maintenance, introduced a 'supported vs unsupported' build worker framework, repaired coverage analysis, and added new benchmarks.
These changes allow us to begin adding support for more platforms, to begin adding more benchmarks for judiciously selected optimization work, and to further improve the CI system with minimal disruption to future reference client releases.